A RICS building survey is provided by our in-house team of RICS Chartered Surveyors; this building survey is very detailed, and gives a comprehensive report regarding the current condition of the property, the building survey is particularly useful when purchasing a property because:
• All defects to the property will be identified to allow you to budget accordingly.
• The cost to rectify all defects will be included; this therefore allows you room for negotiation on the purchase price of the property.
A Building Survey, which is formally known as a Structural Survey is considered the most thorough property survey available and can take a surveyor several hours to complete. This survey will examine all parts of a property in detail, and if you wish to have any further specific areas looked at, for example the feasibility of adding an extension, then a Building Survey is the right choice.
The Building Survey is suitable for all types of property, including property that is listed, unusual or old. It is also the ideal survey if you wish to perform renovation work to the existing property or whether the property has already had extensions added to it and you want to ascertain their structural soundness.
The main details of the Building Survey will include:
• All major and minor faults found within the property, and the implications that these faults will have.
• How much the repairs for these defects will cost to rectify.
• Testing for dampness of the walls, and results for these tests.
• Testing of all woodwork for damp and woodworm, and the results of these tests.
• Investigation into the condition of damp proofing, insulation and drainage - although the drains will not actually be tested.
• Technical information about how the property was constructed, and all materials which were used in the process.
• Proposals for any further special inspections and subsequent work which may need to be done on the property, due to findings during the survey.
All our Chartered Building Surveyors are members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Allcott Associates LLP employ both Building Surveyors and Structural Engineers, this means the reports we produce for you are comprehensive and will never need referring back to a Building Surveyor or Structural Engineer for further investigation and at a further cost.
Unlike other firms, we are completely independent and our reports are accepted by all financial institutions and insurance companies.
For your convenience we have offices in: Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Oxford, Bristol & Leamington Spa.
Please download a sample of a Building Survey report below.
"Thanks again for a clear and comprehensive survey done on my latest rental property. I find the information you include invaluable, it means that I can get builders in before the tenants and point them to where the work needs doing. This has saved me time which in turn saves me money.
This is the 3rd house you have surveyed for me this year, the first 2 are now rented and I hope that we will continue to work together in the future"
"We were really pleased with the detail and extent of the report, it has been very useful. We have previously accepted the Mortgage Company's choice of Surveyor, but won't be doing that again in the future, as being able to instruct someone we have chosen, who can give us individual attention to detail has been brilliant."
"Many thanks for your structural survey report, received this morning. It is very informative and comprehensive. Your finds are very useful and will help in my decisions as to how to proceed with this property. I am extremely impressed by your services, your prompt replies to calls and emails, courteous manner, efficiency and value for money. I would recommend you highly."